2002: Fraser Health Region was formed and healthcare became centralized
This meant that at the Mission Hospital
- ICU closes
- Dr. Baillie is forced out
- OR’s closed
- Pediatric unit is closed
- No support for maternity services
- Threat of losing other services
- Down 25 beds
Mission Memorial Hospital suffered many losses and cutbacks in 2002.
So where are we now?
- Can no longer ‘do everything.
- We have 45 beds.
- Complementary and alternative medicine hospice.
- Patient assessment and transition to home (PATH) unit.
- Division of family practice.
- Primary care network.
- Some services are slowly increasing-more internal medicine consultation, more respiratory support.
- AND the support for getting a CT!